Monumental Teachers

Students Pay Tribute To Satellite’s Great Teachers

Photo by Noah Corl of Mr. Simpkins

Photo by Noah Corl of Mr. Simpkins

Photo by Noah Corl of Mr. Simpkins

Isabella Dawson

Scorp students reveal the monumental teachers they were most excited to experience upon arriving to Satellite.

As students leave behind the small, close knit corridors of their middle school and enter the tall gates of Satellite, questions begin to arise and gossip is passed along concerning the teachers that have sparked interest amongst the students. It is apparent that certain teachers have a significant reputation.  When students are asked what teachers they were looking most forward to, a myriad teachers were named. Ranging from the arts, to math, back to history, an extraordinary teacher is available to cater all areas of education.

Dani Villard (11) shares her anticipated teachers upon entering her freshman year at Satellite.  Villard claims that Mr. Simpkins shined a light of hope when entering her freshman year. “I heard he cares a lot about his students.”  Matthew Anioio, a senior, also shares that his favorite math teacher was Ms. Maniaci. Anioio confides that Maniaci is “nice and kind” and that she “doesn’t give much homework.”  At one point Maniaci  even “brought in a bunny.”  For the freshman entering into their mathematical career as a high school student, Tyler Daniel, 9, claims Mrs. Lowe, a fellow geometry teacher, has helped him a lot and is overall a “really good teacher.”

It seems as though every area of of school has its own teacher spotlight; Teri Smith (9) concludes that Mr. Hoppenbrouwer is the king of history. She describes him as “really cool and funny. [He] makes a lot of good jokes.”

Photo by Noah Corl of Mr. Hoppenbrower

Photo by Noah Corl of Mr. Hoppenbrower

Shifting to the language arts department of Satellite, Ruby Pasque (10) and Ryan Mcdonnell (9) share that Mr. and Mrs. Dipeppe sparked intrigue and curiosity due to the overwhelming amount of people who rave about their wide array of English classes that they teach. After getting to experience Mr. Dipeppe as a teacher, Pasque shares that he is “cool and interesting.”  Mcdonnell declares that his experience with Mrs. Dipeppe in debate club lead to the conclusion that she is very “nice and sweet.” 

The academic side of Satellite isn’t the only aspect of the school with stellar teachers.  Aubrey Berdinsky, 10, also agrees Mr. Liscum is a teacher to value in all years at Satellite to help anyone’s inner star shine on the stage.

It is quite apparent that whatever area of interest sparks something inside of any Satellite student, there is a remarkable teacher to accommodate it.