A Way to “Interact” in the Community

What You Need to Know About Interact Club

Interact+club+t-shirt.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

A Way to “Interact” in the Community

Interact club t-shirt.

Interact club t-shirt.

Photo Credit Madison Moesly

Interact club t-shirt.

Photo Credit Madison Moesly

Photo Credit Madison Moesly

Interact club t-shirt.

Makenzie Moesly

Interact club is a student lead organization where members have the opportunity to serve the community and people in need. The club is sponsored by the local Rotary Club and meets every Friday after school in Mr. Smith’s room. The club is for any “genuine student who is willing to give their service,” states Mr. Smith, who holds the club.

Many Satellite students recently have been unaware of this beneficial club. “This club gives students a chance to take responsibility and develop leadership skills,” intones Mr. Smith.

Interact has done many projects and activities to help out the community, such as volunteering at races, donating food and clothes to the needy, and purchasing Christmas gifts for children and elders, courtesy of the Salvation Army.

Interact gives you the opportunity to go to a statewide convention called RYLA (Rotary Youth Leadership Awards). In addition, Rotary Club also sponsors students to go to this event. During this 3-10 day event, students get the chance to improve skills like communication and problem solving.

Interact club grants students the chance to give back. Not only does this club deliver hours and the possibility of a scholarship, but it also leaves students feeling an enormous amount of positivity for assisting people in need.