FFCLA Girls “Lead” The Way to Winning

We’ve Got Our Own Family, Career, and Community Leaders of SHS

FCCLA%21+Photo+by+Ms.+Gray+
FCCLA! Photo by Ms. Gray

FCCLA! Photo by Ms. Gray

FCCLA! Photo by Ms. Gray

Madison Moesly

From fashion design to chicken fabrication, FCCLA (Family, Career and Community Leaders of America) allows students from various schools to compete against each other in numerous categories. Satellite students Sydney Swenson (freshmen), Makenzie Moesly (sophomore), Allison Glusing (junior), Meleah Hess (junior), Gabrielle Creech (senior), Robyn Godden (senior), and Madison Moesly (senior) competed on Sunday March 12, making Satellite High School proud. Mrs. Gray’s students competed in Florida events and STAR events, and in both events, individuals are acknowledged for leadership skills, projects, and career preparation.

Swenson competed in fashion construction-single garment in the junior division, and assembled a beautiful white dress with black and blue detailing and earned a gold medal. Swenson is determined to continue competing throughout her high school years.

Makenzie Moesly participated in the recycle and redesign category STAR (Students Taking Action with Recognition) event, constructing a dress out of recycled tarp. In this category, the contestant must create a garment out of only recycled materials. This is Moesly’s second year competing and she acquired a gold medal.

Glusing competed in fashion construction- formal or costume division. Glusing sewed a formal black and white dress and won her category earning gold, yet again.

Hess had a very creative idea to make a rain coat and matching hat made out of the plastic used to cover bedding and/or curtains. The jacket and hat are both clear with black and white polka dot detailing. Hess did a great job and won silver in the recycle redesign category.

Creech displayed her talent and made a beautiful maroon dress with beaded detailing and created a board to go with her dress. Gabby placed silver and all her hard work payed off.

Godden competed in fashion coordinated, she made a dress and jean jacket for the senior division, winning a gold medal; this is Robyn’s second and last year in FCCLA.

Madison Moesly placed bronze and the opportunity to represent Satellite High School and will compete at nationals in her category. Moesly designed a purple dress as well as a fashion line in this STAR event.

Congratulations to all participants! If you are interested in participating in FCCLA in the future, talk to Mrs. Gray and for more information visit FCCLA.