Scorps Split for FSU

Satellite Track & Field

Satellite track. Photo by Dave Basford

Satellite track. Photo by Dave Basford

Satellite track. Photo by Dave Basford

Ashley Basford

Early Friday morning, the Satellite distance runners and pole vaulters traveled to FSU while the sprinters and throwers stayed to compete at Astronaut. At FSU, tough competitors gathered together, ranging from girls running 4:52 for the mile to running 10:23 for the 2 mile. The boys ranged from 4:13 in the mile to 9:03 in the 2 mile.

The girls team competed in the 1600 meters, 3200 meters, and pole vault at FSU. The runners in the mile were Marie Groppel (10), Ashley Basford (11), Chelsea Basford (11), Brianna Basford (11), Audrey Ballard (10), Gracie Perkins (10), Katie Goetz (12), and Caroline Craig (9). Groppel ran an outstanding personal record of 5:27 placing 15th, Ashley Basford also had a personal record of 5:36 placing 27th, Chelsea Basford ran 5:49 and placed 57th, Brianna Basford placed 62nd with a time of 5:51, Ballard came in 92nd place with a time of 6:03, beating her previous personal record, and Perkins closely followed with a time of 6:05, placing 98th. Goetz and Craig ran 6:20 and 6:51 respectively. In the 2 mile, the athletes that competed were Sara Towers (11), Anique Kattenberg (9), and Madeline Parry(12). Towers did not finish due to an injury, Kattenberg placed 29th with a time of 12:39, and Parry finished right behind her, placing 30th with a time of 12:41. In the girls pole vault, Alexandra Piriz (11) placed 11 out of 15 vaulting 2.9 meters.

The boys team competed in the 800 meters, 1600 meters, 3200 meters, and pole vault at FSU. John Padilla placed 33rd in the 800 meter race, breaking 2 minutes with a time of 1:59.55. In the 1600 meter race, John Cacciatore (12), Trevor Kattenberg (12), Egan Kattenberg (12), and Charlie Dickenson (11) ran in the seeded race. In the open 1600 out of 164 runners, Padilla (11) placed 8th overall, Rahul Koshy (11) placed 50th, Torin O’Brien (9) placed 73rd, Luke Dickenson (9) placed 75th, Trenton Korte (11) placed 77th, Nathaniel Basford (9) placed 93rd after a season of injuries, Colby Steger (9) placed 102nd, Emilio Zipf (11) placed 117th, Colin Mckinnon (12) placed 126th, Tyler Harding (10) placed 155th, and Hitoshi Cullinan (10) placed 164th. In the 3200 meter race, Cacciatore placed 10th overall with a time of 9:21, Trevor Kattenberg came in 2 seconds after and placed 11th, Michael Wilson (12) placed 28th, Egan Kattenberg placed 33rd, and Charlie Dickenson placed 45th. In the boys pole vault, Noah Mumme (11) placed 5th overall and Luis Morris (11) placed 14th overall.

Come to the pre-Cape Coast Conference meet Friday at MCC and support your fellow Scorpions.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Scorps Split for FSU”

1. John Wall on April 4th, 2017 8:56 am

The girls also competed in the open race. Thought that was worth mentioning. Also double check results, they were all wrong.

2. Ashley Basford on April 4th, 2017 11:44 am

Mr. Wall,
    Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on the article. Most of the girls and boys did in fact compete in the open race, and their performances are not any less important than the runners in the seeded races. However, the seeded races mentioned in the article require a qualifying time to enter which is why some of the girls were not in the seeded races. Here is the link to the results:
    http://fl.milesplit.com/meets/245482/results/503994/raw#.WOO9NpgrK70

• Scorps Split for FSU

Student Life

Top 5 Apps for Studying

• Scorps Split for FSU

Student Life

How to: Decorate Your Car for Christmas

• Scorps Split for FSU

Sports

College Football Finale

• Scorps Split for FSU

Student Life

Telstar Tries: Homemade Face Masks

• Scorps Split for FSU

Student Life

Which Rihanna Song Are You Based on Your Zodiac Sign?

• Scorps Split for FSU

Creative Media

What Disney Character Are You?

• Scorps Split for FSU

Student Life

Secrets to Successful Studying

• Scorps Split for FSU

Student Life

No Shave November

• Scorps Split for FSU

Student Life

December Festivities

• Scorps Split for FSU

Student Life

Christmas Gift Ideas (and Guidelines)

Scorps Split for FSU