For Honor Review

Video Game Review

Shane Antun

For Honor is a third-person hack and slash game that focuses on three factions that are in a constant war with each other for the most trivial of reasons. The three factions are the Knights, the Vikings, and the Samurai (Japanese warriors that are known for their skill) who have all been displaced due to a catastrophic event about 1000 years prior to the events that take place in the story. Ubisoft (the video game publisher) has once again created a groundbreaking game, one that can possibly change the face of competitive gaming as we know it.

For Honor, unlike more traditional games, has three campaigns as opposed to the usual one or two campaigns that can be found in titles such as Call of Duty and Halo. These three campaigns are split by having one campaign per faction; the Knights campaign first, followed by the Vikings, and then the Samurai. The antagonist of For Honor is not a person but an idea: the belief that peace is a lie and that only the strong can survive. For Honor’s competitive component is found in a giant faction war that encompases the three seperate professional gaming platforms (Xbox, Playstation, and PC).

Ubisoft has created a new mold with For Honor that is more complex than classic third person shooter games, a mold that will soon become the framework for many future games. The diversity in For Honor is incredible as you are able to boost stats, change your appearance, and play as 12 different classes. Overall, For Honor scores an 8.4 out of 10.

Overall: Points possible Points Earned
Replay value: Desire or lack of desire to play the game multiple times after the initial experience. 2.0 2.0
Single player: ability to play the game solo. 2.0 2.0
Multiplayer:  ability to play the game with others (over the internet or in person). 2.0 1.4
Graphics: the visual appeal of the game. 2.0 1.7
Difficulty: how hard the game is (low rating means that the game is unreasonably difficult) 2.0 1.3