Discussing Districts for Track

Track Districts Results

Photo by Ashley Basford

Photo by Ashley Basford

Photo by Ashley Basford

Ashley Basford

The Satellite Track team has prepared all season for the meet that either brings them to Regions or sends them home to wait another year for track season. The boys’ team crushed the competition, placing first overall in the district, and the girls placing 5th overall. Fourteen boys qualified for Regions and 8 girls.

The girls who qualified for Regionals were Sara Towers (11), Lana Rukab (10), Chelsea Basford (11), Ashley Basford (11), Alexandra Piriz (11), Ahnissa Scone (12), Arianna Nelson (11), and Holly Carter (11). The girls 4 by 800 meter race placed 3rd after a 20 minute delay due to timing issues. The runners were Towers, Basford, Basford, and Rukab and their overall time was 10:23. The girls 4 by 100 meter runners also placed 3rd with a time of 51.76; the runners were Towers, Scone, Nelson, and Piriz. They had a phenomenal race and even managed a personal record for the team. Piriz also qualified for Regionals in the pole vault, placing first, and has high hopes for making it to State this year. Carter qualified in the discus and placed 4th overall. Rukab also ran the 3200 meter race and placed 4th.

The boys who qualified were Zerius Cobb (11), Noah Mumme (11), John Cacciatore (12), Chris Mejias (12), John Padilla (11), Charlie Dickinson (11), Trevor Kattenberg (12), Luis Morris (11), Egan Kattenberg (12), Thomas Persicketti (11), Alex Iervasi (11), Henry Covington (11), Joseph Schwarz (12), and Scott Wieand (10). Cobb placed 4th overall in the 100 meter dash. Mejias ran the 400 metre dash and missed first place by 1 second. He ran 51.490 after running the preliminary race before at 51.99. Padilla placed 2nd in the boys 800 meter race, missing first by a second again. In the boys 1600 meter race, Dickinson placed 2nd with a time of 4:33.43 followed by Cacciatore placing 3rd with a time of 4:33.83. In the boys 3200 meter race, Cacciatore placed 3rd and T. Kattenberg placed 4th. Morris placed 3rd in the 300 meter hurdles. Cacciatore, Kattenberg, Kattenberg, and Dickinson ran the 4 by 800 meter race and placed 1st overall. Persicketti placed 4th in the boys high jump, and Mumme and Morris placed 1st and 2nd respectively in the boys’ pole vault. Iervasi and Covington placed 1st and 3rd in the boys shot put. In the boys discus, Morris placed first, Schwarz placed 2nd, and Wieand placed 4th.

Thursday, April 27th, 2017, come out and support the Regional qualifiers at Regions!

Link to results: http://fl.milesplit.com/meets/259438/results/514793/raw#.WPom-pgrK70