Telstar Sports Recap

Overall, the athletes of satellite high have had a successful year. The boy’s and girl’s cross country teams won conference, won district, boy’s placed first in region, girl’s placed second in region, both placed third at the state meet. These 14 athletes swept away the competition for the 2016-2017 season and are hopeful for next years season.

The swim team also had a successful season. The girls placed 4th at Cape Coast Conference and second at the district meet. The boy’s placed 7th at Cape Coast Conference.

The boys and girls track team also had a successful year placing first in Cape Coast Conference for the boys and 3rd for the girls. At districts, the girls placed 5th and the boys placed 1st. At regions, 4 boys made it to the State meet: John Cacciatore(12), Noah Mumme(11), Luis Morris(11), and Thomas Persicketti(10). Mumme won the state meet for pole vault, Morris placed 2nd in pole vault, Persicketti placed 6th in high jump, and Cacciatore placed 8th in the 1600 meter race.

The boys wrestling team had a very successful season as well with all wrestlers placing at Districts and moving on to the Regional Tournament. From there Jerome Altvater (12), Kolin Marsh (12), and Jacob Tihoni (10) advanced on to the quarterfinals, but Marsh was the only wrestler to make it out advancing on to the State Championship.  

The girls volleyball team competed up to the second round of districts losing the match of 3-2. As a team, they won 8 games out of the 17 they played, and are going to continue to grow as a team.

The girls and boys lacrosse teams both had successful seasons. They worked hard this year and are hopeful for next years season.

The boys tennis team played well this year they won the Cape Coast conference and were the winners of the CCC south. The girls team also played well this year by winning districts and having an individual advance all the way to states and won runner up.  

The boys and girls golf team performed thoroughly through the season. They both made it to districts, which they did good at and regionals this year to end out the season.

Off to a shaky start, the Boys’ baseball team proved to be victorious this season, going 17-2 in the district, and 21-11 overall. The boys were able to beat strong teams such as Melbourne Central Catholic, and a team from IMG Academy. The Scorps are also the only team in the district to beat Melbourne Central Catholic, winning 2-1. With such a strong team this season, the boys won the district championship, for the first time since 2013, against the Titusville Terriers with a score of 2-6. Standout players from this year are Chet Moore (11), Adam Rossbach (12), Alec Eldridge (11), Zach Kornick (10), and Marshall Dreyer (12). Chet Moore, Alec Eldridge, and Zach Kornick were all voted to the All-Cape Coast Conference team, and Alec Eldridge was named the Class 5A District 9 player of the year.