Senior Spotlight

A Look Into Satellite's Stellar Seniors

Satellite%27s+football+field+seen+from+above+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Spotlight

Satellite's football field seen from above

Photo Credit Casey Strattan

Photo Credit Casey Strattan

Photo Credit Casey Strattan

Kelly Hazlett, Staff

On Friday night, October 20th, band, cheer, and football will all honor their senior members before the football game.

Senior night is always a very emotional time, as it is an opportunity to celebrate the hard work that seniors have put into their sport or activity during their time at Satellite High. These are just a few shining stars who will be honored this Friday night.

Reed Harper, saxophone section leader, will be walking up the football field on Friday for senior night. The night will be a celebration of his 6 years in band, as he began in 7th grade. He’d like to thank Dylan Hannan, Mr. Phillips, and Mr. Simons for “teaching [him] the basics” and “motivating [him]” throughout his high school band career. However, he will never forget the band practice when “Mr. Simons yelled ‘Read!’ for a minute straight, then everyone started laughing at [Reed]” because he was extremely confused as to why his name was being yelled.  “Playing ‘Careless Whispers’ on the field with Zach Beaver” and all the other people who make band like a family is another aspect that Reed will miss about band. When Reed is not in band though, he’s busy being a part of Satellite’s Speech and Debate team and Mu Alpha Theta in addition to making kombucha.

Peyton Turinetti is a senior cheerleader who is also looking forward to the senior night festivities. She started competitive cheerleading in 6th grade and made the varsity cheer team at Satellite as a freshman. Turinetti took a brief break from cheerleading her in her junior year to recover from ankle surgery. After the hiatus, she returned to Satellite’s cheer squad stronger than ever, getting to do what she loves: “the flips”. Peyton reflected that “getting to cheer with [her] sister [her] freshman year” was one of her most memorable aspects of the her high school cheer career.. When Peyton’s not at practice or pumping up the crowd and football team, she’s busy being secretary of Mu Alpha Theta, student body treasurer, an NHS member, an AP book club, and a 4 year varsity lacrosse player.

Noah Mumme, quarterback and a captain of Satellite’s 5-1 winning football team, is looking forward to a senior night at home. This season of Satellite football has been Noah’s favorite, as Coach Kimmey made a “big difference” in the team’s success. The night will be a celebration of Mumme’s 10 years of playing football, which started when he was 8. His youth coaches and dad have been pivotal in his football achievements, leading him to where he is now: “part of the uncommon crew” with an amazing group of teammates. Mumme “hope[s] to continue playing football”, but he will definitely miss “running out at the beginning of the game[s]” and seeing all of the support. Mumme is also part of Satellite’s track and field team and enjoys pole vaulting.

Reed Harper, Peyton Turinetti, and Noah Mumme are just a few of the “indescribable” seniors who will be honored in the Friday night lights. Be sure to come and show your support for the hard working individuals involved with band, cheerleading, and football!

About the Writer
Kelly Hazlett, Staff

I’m Kelly Hazlett and am thrilled to join the Telstar team for my senior year. In my free time I like to sing, play lacrosse, and quote John Mulaney.