A Fair Amount of Fun

Trey Ecker

Trey Ecker, Editor-in-Chief

The fair is a place of wonder and amusement. It is a world within worlds that takes you away from the daily stress of life and allows you to get lost in lights, rides, and food.

In the words of Templeton “a fair is a vertiable smorgasbord-orgasbord-orgasbord,” a blending of vastly different foods, ranging from pizza to corn-dogs to funnel cakes and fried oreos. The fun doesn’t stop there either – after stuffing yourself full of the delectable goods, one has to try to hold it all down while spinning and whirling around on various different rides such as the Sizzler, Zipper, and Himalaya. The Sizzler whips you around, slingshotting you around the centerpiece, causing your body to fly towards the outside of the cart. Slightly different than the sizzler is the Zipper a combination of a ferris wheel, a slingshot, and a roller coaster. The Zipper locks you into a closed cart and propels you into the air rotating around center, sending you spiraling into multiple flips. The Himalaya, on the other hand, just simply spins you around like a carousel except much faster, and in a cart rather than on a unicorn.

Yet the fair doesn’t just offer delicious food and dizzying rides; it also allows people of all ages to try their hand at winning oversized plush toys, goldfish, or giant inflatable aliens.

Overall the fairs is just a place for friends and family to spend time together, share laughs, food and memories that can last a lifetime.

About the Contributor
Trey Ecker, Editor-in-Chief

I’m Trey Ecker and I’m the Senior Class President at Satellite. This is my fourth year in Telstar and I have enjoyed every minute of it. In my free...

5 Comments

5 Responses to “A Fair Amount of Fun”

1. Isadora on November 14th, 2017 12:27 pm

Fairs aren’t really my thing. I usually go to festivals instead. I’ve never had a pleasant fair experience but festivals are exciting to me.

2. kelly on November 14th, 2017 12:30 pm

i think this article cover everything you could find at the fair and it is encouraging people to go to the fair next year

3. niasia smith on November 14th, 2017 12:43 pm

overall i think it was a great short story speaking from experience the fair was great and amazing to me. i had a great time with my friends and saw cute guys but overall i had a great time with my best friend. also it is like a tradition because i go every year and i will continue to go every year.

4. michael on November 15th, 2017 9:57 am

i go to the fair every year, it is so fun

5. Haley Claycomb on November 15th, 2017 9:58 am

I loved your view on the fair, and your nod to Charlotte’s web! I personally love the fair and some people don’t so I am glad that you are putting a good word out there!

• A Fair Amount of Fun

Creative Media

SAFA Coffee House

• Creative Media

An Open Letter to My Past Self

• A Fair Amount of Fun

Creative Media

Digital Media’s Hide the Turkey 2018

• A Fair Amount of Fun

Creative Media

Mr. Penny

• A Fair Amount of Fun

Creative Media

The Spark Lit by a Question

• A Fair Amount of Fun

Creative Media

Telstar Tunes Volume 5

• A Fair Amount of Fun

Creative Media

The Art of FX Makeup

• A Fair Amount of Fun

Creative Media

An Open Letter To…

• A Fair Amount of Fun

Creative Media

Telstar Tunes Volume 4

• A Fair Amount of Fun

Creative Media

Girls Lacrosse Senior Night

A Fair Amount of Fun