Forever My Girl (Spoilers)

Makenzie Moesly, Staff

Forever My Girl is a southern romance movie about Liam Page, a country music superstar, who leaves his fiancé, Josie Preston, at the altar to pursue his music career.

While on tour, Liam Page gets the tragic news that his best friend in high school passed away and there is a memorial being held in his hometown. He abruptly leaves his tour to attend the memorial and just so happens to run into his first love, Josie.

After leaving his hometown for almost 8 years, he finds out that Josie has a daughter named Billy. After meeting Billy and discovering that she is his daughter, Liam talks to Josie about wanting to be in her life. The movie continues with Liam, Josie, and Billy spending time together and developing a better relationship.

One afternoon as Billy and Liam are eating, Billy begins to choke and Liam stands there paralyzed. Liam’s mother passed away when he was young and while Billy is choking, he freezes up and gets flashbacks to his mother’s death. The scene goes to him drinking in a bar and Josie’s brother shows up, telling him that he is making things worse by showing up after being gone for almost a decade. Liam then abruptly leaves town and goes back on tour.

While on tour once again, his crew convinces him to go back to his love, after seeing how miserable he is without his family. In the end, he goes back to her and later in life, they finally get married and live a happy life together.

In my opinion, I would rate the movie 3 stars. The storyline was a good idea, but the script was cringey and could have been worded differently. For example, Billy is 7 and was speaking as though she was older, saying things a child wouldn’t say.

The lines were also cliché and you could guess what they were going to say or do next. In my opinion, I think Josie should have been more hard to get. Josie was quick to accept Liam back into her life and even asked him out on a date.

Overall the movie wasn’t terrible, but it also is not my favorite romance movie. I believe that I am trying to force myself to like the movie because I am like the actor Alex Roe, who plays Liam Page. If you are interested in watching Forever My Girl, click here for the trailer.

About the Writer
Makenzie Moesly, Staff

Hi I’m Makenzie, I’m a senior at Satellite High School and this is my third year as a Telstar staff member.  I love iced coffee and dogs. When I’m...