My Top 15 Trending Fashion

Jazz Dawkins, Staff

1. Checkers: Whether it’s checkered shoes, pants, or shirts, everyone loves this print for some reason and it has become very popular.
  2. Champion (Brand): So, this brand totally used to be sold in Walmart and their shoes used to be sold in Payless. I know because I had one of their shirts and a pair of their sneakers. Somehow, the brand has become more of a fashion statement than “I bought these champion sneakers from Payless instead of the Nike store because I can’t afford that” to “I really want this purple champion hoodie from Urban Outfitters for $69.”
  3. Stripes: Stripes are always trending because they’ve existed forever. Stripe shirts are usually cheap and a good go-to when you wake up late and you have to rush. Try striped shirts with frills, off the shoulder, button ups, turtlenecks, sweaters, and even some pants.
  4. White Shirts With Sayings on Them: Another go-to when you wake up late. I like to tuck these in or tie them up and wear them with high-waisted jeans or black skinny jeans.
  5. Wrap Dresses: I feel like these were more popular in the 70’s and are now making a comeback. I prefer floral wrap dresses and casual solid color ones too.
  6. Hawaiian Shirts: Vibrant and colorful hawaiian shirts are suddenly increasingly popular and are usually worn tucked in, however, try cutting them off at the bottom and turning them into a crop top for a different approach.
  7. Velvet & Suede: These two fabrics are everywhere these days, which is actually hard for me to wear since it’s become a sort of casual look. The only thing I’d say is that suede and velvet shouldn’t be worn on shoes, but that’s just my opinion. I find myself more drawn to red velvet and soft suede colors.
  8. Floral/Jungle Print: Not to be confused with Hawaiian shirts. Floral dresses are super convenient and can be worn any day as well as anything jungle print.
  9. Slip Dresses: I like how casual and lightweight slip dresses are. They match anything and again can be worn anyday. Try styling a solid colored shirt under it to avoid dress code or just for the look.
  10. Patched Denim: Patched denim, whether that be jeans, shorts, bags, or jackets, are a fun way to create individuality within your clothing. I’ve found that it’s cheaper to just iron/sew on patches yourself as opposed to buying items with patches already on them.
  11. Matching Shirts & Skirts: Matching your shirt with your bottoms was usually something you’d do as a child but matching polka dot and checkered tops and bottoms have become increasingly popular and are actually cute, as well as convenient, since you don’t have to look for something else to wear.
  12. Bell Bottoms/Flare Pants: Not to be mistaken with bootcut jeans/pants which are just ugly, bell bottoms and flare plants are very fun! They don’t even need to be jeans; a cotton fabric with a design on it are creative and create a sense of individuality.
  13. Vibrant Colors:  Vague, but brighter colors just pop out to me. I feel like all of our closets are just different shades of black and white anyways.
  14. Plaid/Printed Pants: A little harder to style with tops but it’s nice to take a break from wearing plain jeans all week. Even slacks have become normalized.
  15. Overalls: There was that brief intermission during 2012-2014 when wearing overalls was shamed but I’m glad we’re normalizing them again because they’re very easy to style with anything. Skirt overalls are also very cute and overalls in different fabrics like  corduroy are also cute.