TelstarAdvisor: Brevard Restaurant Guide

Back to Article
Back to Article

Find great restaurants in Brevard county!

Kelly Hazlett, Staff

Have you ever been hungry but can’t think of a place to eat? Me too. So, I decided to compile a list of highly rated restaurants in Brevard county so that you never have those indecisive, hangry blues again.

Breakfast/Brunch Bliss:

• Simply Delicious Cafe & Bakery is a moderately priced breakfast and lunch cafe in Cocoa Beach. They stress high quality, fresh food in everything that they serve. Reviews for Simply Delicious praise the quiche, biscuits and gravy, and fresh fruit.
  • Backwater, as I’m sure you’ve heard about, is a wonderful breakfast and lunch stop in Downtown Melbourne. They’re known for their DIY pancake griddles, so stop by and design your own!
  • Also located in Downtown Melbourne, La Crepe is a family owned restaurant that focuses on bringing a staple of Brittany, France to the Space Coast. Crepes can be enjoyed at all times of the day, as savory or sweet crepes are both featured. Don’t forget, La Crepe is closed on Mondays!
  • Suntree Cafe, located in Satellite Beach, features an amalgam of pet pictures on the walls. Stop in for a wonderful breakfast or lunch and enjoy the pet friendly atmosphere. If you don’t know what to get, look to the chocolate chip pancakes or turkey BLT.
  • Cafe Surfinista is the ultimate beach stop in Cocoa Beach that features acai bowls. The bowls feature all sorts of fresh fruit, so you’ll be sure to enjoy it. Please note that they’re closed on Sunday!

Quick Eats:

• Da Kine Diego’s is a Satellite Beach staple. If you’ve never been there before, drop what you’re doing and go there RIGHT NOW. The insane burrito is always a solid choice…it’s so big that it comes with directions on how to properly attack the burrito.
  • Mustard’s Last Stand has 3 locations: 2 in Melbourne and 1 in Cocoa Beach. With all those locations, there’s no excuse to skip this stop. They specialize in hot dogs and fries. If you like spicy food, be sure to try the firecracker dog that literally has fries and sriracha on top! Note that if you sign up for text messages, you will get bi weekly deals like BOGO hot dogs!
  • 905 Cafe is a great stop in Downtown Melbourne that features not only great sandwiches and lunch food but also unique iced coffees. The lavender iced coffee is a must! Note that 905 Cafe is closed Sunday.
  • The Burger Inn is a total throwback diner in Melbourne featuring 1950’s cars and pet friendly outdoor seating. The jr. cheese burger is the perfect size, as the burgers are huge! Shakes and fries are also available. The Inn is also closed Sunday with some random hours, so check before going! 

Casual Bites to Eat:

• Long Doggers has 5 great locations : Satellite Beach, Indialantic, Viera, Palm Bay, and Melbourne. The surfing themed restaurant has some great dishes such as the tico pico bowl. Outdoor seating is great, but don’t worry if there’s bad weather, indoor seating is also available.
  • Hemingway’s Tavern is located next to the Oaks theater in Melbourne. This is a great stop if you’re grabbing a bite to eat before a movie or just enjoy good food! The Cuban themed restaurant offers some great options like the Cuban sandwich and yucca fries.
  • Meg O’Malley’s Restaurant and Irish Pub is another awesome restaurant in Downtown Melbourne. They specialize in authentic Irish food with shepherd’s pie being a star. If you’re looking for something on the sweeter side, be sure to try their fresh baked scones!
  • Hula Moon is a great Hawaiian restaurant in Indian Harbour Beach. If you don’t know what to get, try the fresh chicken tacos that are served with rice and beans. They also have $2 tacos on Taco Tuesday, so check it out!
  • If you’re gluten free, The Bald Strawberry is the place for you. The cool thing about this Melbourne spot is that if you order a sandwich or a pizza, it is served on a gluten free waffle. That’s right. A waffle. Try it and experience the wonder!
  • Anaya Coffee is located in the Eau Gallie Art District. Focusing on handcrafted coffees and fresh food, Anaya is sure to impress. The menu changes everyday, so either stop in or check their website to see today’s dishes! Be sure to check their hours before you go!
  • If you’re looking for live music and some great food, Open Mike’s Coffee is the place fo you. This Melbourne restaurant serves up some original sandwiches like the spicy seas of cheese grilled cheese. They also make beautifully designed and tasty lattes.  Check their website to see which nights feature live music!
  • If you are a seafood lover, Melbourne Seafood Station is the place to be. Depending on your basket, you can get fresh, garlic boiled seafood such as lobster, shrimp, scallops, snow crab, and oysters. Baskets include corn, mini potatoes, garlic bread, and sausage smothered in wonderful garlic butter sauce. This stop is not to be missed!
  • Grills is a seafood and American restaurant on the Indian River with a beautiful view and live music. Be sure to try the amazing, spicy shrimp Cuban sandwich! You won’t be disappointed.
  • Beachside Fusion is another great, local eaterie. Located inside Kiwi Tennis Club, this is the place if you want to watch tennis or just have a great meal! Be sure to try the wonderful flatbreads!

Formal Dinners:

• Cafe Coconut Cove is an authentic German restaurant in Melbourne Beach. If you live in Satellite, it is a bit of a drive, but it is well worth it. This hole in the wall features a gorgeous view of the Banana River and amazing potato pancakes.
  • Fat Kahuna’s Beach Side Grill is a Hawaiian restaurant in Cocoa Beach that aims to serve fancy food in a relaxed atmosphere.  They have some great, fresh options so be sure to check it out!
  • The Dove III is a formal Italian restaurant in Downtown Melbourne. The elegant atmosphere makes it a wonderful celebration hub. They have all the Italian classics and even a few twists.
  • If you haven’t been to Too Cool Cafe yet, you need to stop by and experience the formal yet chill vibe. This Indian Harbour Beach gem is open for all meals of the day, featuring a fresh bakery and even brunch. I recommend the goat cheese burger if you’re really hungry!
  • The Mansion is a unique Melbourne restaurant with a beautiful view of the Indian River. With a vast menu, there is something for everyone. I recommend the sesame citrus salad with blackened chicken.  
  • Yen Yen Chinese Restaurant is a white cloth Chinese restaurant. This is also a great, big-group special occasion restaurant, as they have Lazy Susan turntables so eating family style is easier. Be sure to try their snow white prawns.
  • If you’re in the mood for some great Indian food, Taste of India is the place to be. The Melbourne stop will be sure to satisfy as long as you get naan bread!

Decadent Desserts:

• Sugar Shack Donuts in Downtown Melbourne serves up both classic and unique donuts. They also have some killer coffee that is a must. If you’re in the mood to try something new, the honey lavender donut is wonderful.
  • Del’s Freez is a classic Melbourne stop for ice cream. You can pretty much think up any candy and ice cream flavor combo, and Del’s will have it. Stop in for shakes, malts, soft serve and more!
  • Surfin’ Turtle is a great Satellite Beach ice cream shop. They have a drive thru as well, so don’t fret if it’s cold out! The Dole pineapple whip is widely talked about so be sure to check it out!
About the Writer
Kelly Hazlett, Staff

I’m Kelly Hazlett and am thrilled to join the Telstar team for my senior year. In my free time I like to sing, play lacrosse, and quote John Mulaney.