Top 10 Favorite Disney Movies

Back to Article
Back to Article

Top 10 Favorite Disney Movies

Photo of the Walt Disney World entrance in Orlando, Florida.

Photo Credit Wikimedia Commons

Photo Credit Wikimedia Commons

Photo Credit Wikimedia Commons

Ashley Basford, Section Editor

1. Moana– Moana, the main character, sails across the sea to restore the heart of Tafiti. During her journey, she meets Maui, the demigod of the wind and sea, who joins her on the journey to Tafiti. Her parents do not want her to go, but she leaves anyway after her Grandmother dies and tells her her dying wish. Throughout her journey, she doesn’t know what she is searching for and finally finds what she is looking for, her identity. 

Photo Credit flickr.com
    The Moana poster.

2. Brother Bear– Kenai, Sitka, and Denahi are three brothers who are a part of an Indian tribe. When they “come of age”, they are given a totem which represents them. Kenai dislikes bears partly because his brother Sitka, was killed by one. Kenai reacts out of revenge and kills the bear that killed his brother and as a result, he is transformed into a bear. Denahi thinks both of his brothers were killed by bears, so he tracks down Kenai who is a bear and vows to kill him, Koda, the cub of the bear Kenai kills, proceeds on an adventure with Kenai to find the magical mountain that will turn Kenai to his original human form. Kenai finds himself and chooses to remain a bear with Koda. Denahi and Kenai make up and the family is restored.

Photo Credit Wikimedia Commons
    Disney’s Brother Bear logo.

3. UP– Carl Fredricksen, a 78 year old balloon salesman has been saving up his money with his wife to go to his dream vacation spot, but before they can go, his wife dies leaving him alone. Carl does not give up on his dreams, so he decides to turn his house into a balloon house. Russell, a boy scout and adventurer, is trying to earn a badge which requires him to help an elderly person. Russell is resilient even though Carl tells him to leave him alone and ends up with Carl in the air. They then go on a journey to the waterfall and the rest is history.

Photo Credit Wikimedia Commons                                                                              Disney Pixar’s Up logo.

4. Lion King– Mufasa, king of the pride lands, has just become a father to a son named Simba. Scar, Mufasa’s brother, is overwhelmed with greed because Mufasa has Nala, Simba, and the kingdom; therefore, he purposely kills him. Simba is the next heir to the throne, but Scar convinces Simba that it is all his fault and that Simba should leave. Simba returns to the pride lands as an adult to reclaim his home after Nala tells him that Scar is killing people. Simba then fights Scar for his home and wins and restores Mufasa’s kingdom.

Photo Credit Wikimedia Commons
    The main character of The Lion King, Simba, standing heroically.

5. Mulan– Mulan joins the army and disguises herself as a male to fill in her father’s place because she does not want him to die. She leaves against her father’s wishes and is accompanied by Musu, a dragon, and a lucky cricket given to her by her Grandmother. She then trains side by side with the men, still hiding her secret, but during an intense fight she is injured and her secret is revealed. Mulan, at the end of the movie, saves the emperor and restores honor to her family.

The logo of Disney’s Mulan.

6.  Home on the Range– It all starts on a farm that just adopts a new cow named Maggie. At first the new cows do not like Maggie and the farm is threatened by bankruptcy. Then the three cows get together to save the farm and try to capture a cow rustler and collect the $750 reward to save the farm.
  7. Bambi– A young Fawn named Bambi joins his new friends Thumper the bunny and Flower the skunk in the forest. At a young age Bambi experiences a major loss of his mother and lives with his father, the Prince of the Forest. Bambi soon begins to grow up and learns many new things from his father.
  8. Zootopia– Zootopia is the city where all types of animals live in unity together. Judy Hopps becomes the first rabbit to join the police force and is constantly forgotten about. Determined to prove that she is useful, she attempts to solve a serious mystery that all the other police officers have not been able to crack. Judy then has 48 hours to solve the case.

Photo Credit flickr.com
    Nick Wild and Judy Hopps talk to Flash the sloth.

9. Big Hero 6– Robotics nerd Hiro Hamada discovers an inflatable healthcare robot Baymax created in the past by his brother, Tedashii. After a terrible life-changing accident, Hiro and Baymax team up with four other nerds and save their hometown San Fransokyo from an evil super villain trying to take over with Hiro’s invention. The super villain happens to be Tedashii’s mentor and they brawl out and end up in a different dimension.

Photo Credit Flickr.com
    Hiro Hamada peers over Baymax’s shoulder in Disney’s Big Hero 6.

10. The Good Dinosaur– In a world where dinosaurs and humans live side-by-side, an Apatosaurus named Arlo makes an unlikely human friend after being swept away by a fast-flowing flood that killed his father and made him lose his way. Together they follow the river through attacks by different dinosaurs to insane storms to finally make their way back home.

Photo Credit flickr.com
    The logo of Disney Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur.

About the Writer
Ashley Basford, Section Editor

I'm Ashley Basford and I am a senior at Satellite High School. I usually write sports articles which are mostly on cross country or track and sometimes...