Lady Lax Winning Week

Back to Article
Back to Article

Lady Lax Winning Week

Satellite player, Makenzie Moesly cradles the ball while being defended by the Minutemen.

Photo Credit John Kraus

Photo Credit John Kraus

Photo Credit John Kraus

Kelly Hazlett, Staff

Satellite High varsity girls lacrosse faced an intense two-game week, and came out as a winning team, holding a current record of 3-2.

The team’s first game was on March 6th at Cocoa Beach Jr./Sr. High. The team prevailed with a 10-6 win over the Minutemen. Maile Haire, Kelly Hazlett, Peyton Turinetti, and Danielle Vincent all contributed to the 10 total goals. Additionally goalie, Mia Joseph, had a great game, diminishing the Minutemen’s 14 shots on goal to only 6 goals!

The next game was a home game on March 7th against Melbourne Central Catholic. The team began the game with a moment of silence for fellow Scorpion, Derek Fortmayer. The team also wrote Derek’s athletic numbers on their arms: 9 and 54, to express their respect and love the life lost.

The girls competed hard against the Hustlers and prevailed with a 19-10 win. 13 of the 19 goals were scored on assists, a positive sign for lady scorp lacrosse. Additionally this game saw a wider range of scorers, adding freshman Micah Taylor and junior Makenzie Moesly into the mix.  

Lady scorp lacrosse’s next game will home against Merritt Island High School at 6 P.M. in the scorp dome. Be there to cheer on your lady scorps!