Washington D.C. Travels

Chloe Frederick

Back to Article
Back to Article

Washington D.C. Travels

A snapshot of the Vietnam Memorial.

A snapshot of the Vietnam Memorial.

Photo Credit Chloe Frederick

A snapshot of the Vietnam Memorial.

Photo Credit Chloe Frederick

Photo Credit Chloe Frederick

A snapshot of the Vietnam Memorial.

Chloe Frederick

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email


6:30 P.M. – Packed clothes and essential items for the trip.

7:00 P.M.  – Headed to my Grandparents home for dinner and prepared for the flight.

12:30 A.M.  – Went to bed


7: 30 A.M. – Made breakfast and began getting ready.

10:45 A.M. – Finished last minute packing and packed the suitcases in the truck.

12:15 P.M. – Checked into airport, tagging our suitcases and walking to TSA.

12:45 P.M. – Purchased a quick snack for the flight and sat down, waiting for the boarding announcement.

1:15 P.M. – Boarded the plane, preparing for takeoff. Also taking some time to snap a few photos:

Photo Credit Chloe Frederick
The plane wing on the flight.

1:45 P.M. Went through safety protocols and began departure.

2:45 P.M. Ordered a small soda and pretzels. One hour left… or so I thought.

4:05 P.M. – Arrived in Washington D.C. at the Ronald Reagan Airport. Upon arriving, we headed towards baggage claim, grabbing our luggage. Shortly after we got a taxi.

4:35 P.M. – We collected our belongings from the taxi, heading into Hilton Inn Capitol. We checked in, getting a room on the third floor. We were greeted with a welcome note in the room and fresh bed sheets that were perfectly placed.

5:30 P.M. – We debated on a place to eat for dinner, as we all were quite famished. Upon 20 minutes of searching, we decided to ask someone downstairs, getting a simple reply of Clyde’s Bar and Grill. We ordered an Uber and within 5 minutes began our ride to the restaurant.

Photo Credit Chloe Frederick
Busy D.C. streets filled with college students.

5:45 P.M. – Arrived at the restaurant and were seated within seconds of walking into the building. We were placed on the second floor in a beautiful glass room, with a view of the Capitol Arena wall. Upon ordering I had a bowl of Maryland soup and a small plate of spicy calamari.

7:02 P.M. – Began walking back to the hotel. As I walked, I observed the constant traffic, the echoing of car brakes, and the sound of a fast passing metros.

7:22 P.M. – Arrived back at the hotel and unpacked some of my belongings.

10:10 P.M. – Went to bed.


8:10 A.M. – Woke up and began the day!

9:30 A.M. – Left for the lobby, deciding what to eat and stumbling upon Starbucks. I usually order a cold drink, but, since it was 33 degrees out, I didn’t. I ended up ordering a white mocha hot chocolate, which I definitely recommended for a cold day like this. Food-wise, I ordered a breakfast sandwich, which didn’t have anything special to it, but it was very enjoyable.

10:00 A.M. – Headed towards the National Air and Space Museum. Upon arriving, we waited approximately 10 minutes, due to security checking our belongings.

10:15 A,M. – When entering the building, we noticed many retired planes, rockets, and inventions that evolved what we use today. We quickly decided to start from the second floor, seeing a rocket boosters, timelines of Nasa, and many other relics.

Photo Credit Chloe Frederick
A rocket at the museum.

2:00 P.M. – We finished upstairs and began trekking downstairs. Upon entering an exhibit, we found an Original NASA space suit.

12:15 P.M. –  Finished up at the NASM and began walking towards the Library of Congress.

12:35 P.M. – Because many of the books are priceless, I was unable to take any pictures and videos. But when we entered we found the Gutenberg Bible, which was the first bible ever written. I learned that the bible wasn’t written in German, but in Latin.  

4:30 P.M. We finished off at the Library and walked to the National Mall.  

Photo Credit Chloe Frederick
A portrait photo of the Lincoln Memorial.

7:30 P.M. – We took time to pay respect to all those who lost their lives. We eventually left, deciding to head back to the hotel after a long day.

The monument at sunset.

7:50 P.M. – Arrived back to the hotel and decided to rest for a bit.

8:20 P.M. – After about 30 minutes of resting we ended up, heading to Ta Lasca to enjoy a nice dinner. The dinner was filled with laughter and stories that will last a lifetime.

9:26 P.M. – We ordered an Uber and within 5 minutes we were out of the frigid cold. We arrived back at the hotel and prepared for bed.


9:00 A.M. – Due to the fact the time change and yesterday’s walking, I slept in. Upon waking up I was greeted to a simple good morning by both my grandmother and my aunt.

9:30 A.M. – After finishing my morning routine, my aunt and grandmother headed down the Starbucks located in the hotel. They ordered a white mocha hot chocolate, ,a bacon cheddar sandwich, a caramel macchiato, a black coffee, an everything bagel, a coffee with extra cream and sugar, and a blueberry muffin. It was enough food to feed a small army!

12:30 We decided, based on time and location, to go to the Museum of American History. Upon entering, we were by the original Batmobile, which was first made in 1939.

An image of the original Batmobile.

3:30 P.M. – After reading many facts and discovering old artifacts, we left for the cafeteria down stairs. We ordered freshly cooked tilapia, soup, spicy shrimp wraps, salad, burger, coleslaw, and fries.

4:10 P.M. – We finished our food and researched the next place: the Arlington Cemetery, located outside of the city. Since the cemetery closes at 5, we rushed out the door and quickly ran for the metro.

4:30 P.M. – Arrived at the cemetery.

Photo Credit Chloe Frederick
Headstones of the soliders in World War I.

5:00 P.M. –  We were able to stay a few minutes after and watch the changing of a grave. The changing was composed of three men marching back and forth.

5:30 Arrived back at the hotel and rested for a few hours.

8:00 We left for a Restaurant called Fortune, ordering soup, rice, noodles,and chicken.

9:30 P.M. – Went to bed.


8:30 A.M. – Woke up and packed my bags.

9:00 A.M. – Began getting ready for the flight.

10:30 A.M. – Left for breakfast.

12:00 P.M.- Left breakfast for the Airport.

12:30 P.M. – Arrived at the hotel and checked into TSA.

1:00 P.M. -Sat down and charged my phone, preparing for the flight ahead.

2:15 P.M –  Grabbed a snack and drink for the flight.

2:45 P.M. – Lined up, preparing to board the plane.

3:15 P.M. – Took off, heading towards the Orlando airport.

5:10 P.M. – Arrived at the airport and headed to a nearby restaurant.

6:20 P.M. Stopped at Cracker Barrel and had a small meal consisting of green beans, biscuits, and carrots.

7:30 P.M. – Arrived home and immediately fell asleep.