Yanni Acropolis Anniversary Tour Review

Photo Credit Ashley Basford

Photo Credit Ashley Basford

Ashley Basford, Section Editor

After being asked to go to see Yanni, a strictly instrumental musician, I was a little skeptical on what exactly I was getting myself into, but of course, I agreed because I could not say no to my father. My expectations were that it would be a total snooze fest and I would be the only person under the age of 40. However, I realized that going into a concert with a negative attitude would not be fun for me nor my Dad, so I decided to go with an open mind. We arrived at the King Center at approximately 6:55 pm and the concert started at 7:30 pm. Our seats were the first row in the top section so we were looking down on the concert. By 7:35, the following musicians had arrived on stage: trombone player, trumpet player, a pianist, two drum players, a guitar player, three violin players, two cello players, and of course, Yanni. The concert lasted about 2 and a half hours and featured songs Yanni hasn’t played in 25 years in concert. Overall, I came out of the show a Yanni fan and 10/10 would recommend because it was super impressive even though it didn’t have words.

For more information, visit this link.

About the Contributor
Ashley Basford, Section Editor

I'm Ashley Basford and I am a senior at Satellite High School. I usually write sports articles which are mostly on cross country or track and sometimes...

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Yanni Acropolis Anniversary Tour Review”

1. Linda C on April 26th, 2018 10:06 am

I have been to many Yanni concerts. I have a friend who used to play in the orchestra and he told me that it was very interesting to look into the audience. He said you could always tell the people who were there under duress because of a mate or relative and that they really didn’t want to be there. He said it was fun to watch their reactions as the evening progressed and the music got to them and they enjoyed it very much by the time they left. There is something magical about Yanni’s music. I can’t put my finger on exactly what it is about his music that had me so into it, but I’m glad it does. His music can energize me when I need energy and it the very same song can relax me when I need to relax. I have heard many stories from many fans about what the music has meant to them and there are many many reasons. One was suicidal and the music made him change his mind. Another was coming out of several surgeries in the same week and said she was ready to give up, the the music inspired her. Another got through all the pain of cancer treatments with his music. A little girl was in a coma and her mother played one particular song that the little girl had appeared to like better than the others and she came out of the coma. So many stories. If someone wants you to listen to is, do it with an open mind and you might find yourself a fan, too.

2. Ashley Basford on April 30th, 2018 11:46 am

Thank you for your feedback!

• Yanni Acropolis Anniversary Tour Review

Giving Back This Thanksgiving

Student Life

Diabetes Awareness Month

To the Polls!

Student Life

ASMR

Founders’ Day Celebration Recap

Sports

Satellite Swim and Dive Dominates at Districts

Red Tide Reaches Brevard County

Student Life

Spooky Baskets

Student Life

Fall Feels: A Playlist

What I Learned throughout My High School Years

Yanni Acropolis Anniversary Tour Review