2018 School Year Kicks Off

Back to Article
Back to Article

2018 School Year Kicks Off

Satellite High students “Red Out” in support of their team.
Photo taken by Lana Rukab

Satellite High students “Red Out” in support of their team. Photo taken by Lana Rukab

Jazz Dawkins

Satellite High’s first football game of the season was at home on August 17th against Space Coast High. Their first game was a “red out” where students in the stands come to support the team all wearing red, since one of the school colors is scarlet red. Varsity players were asked how they personally prepared for this game. Players Tanner Gamin #41 and Felipe Brugger #55 both claim to “drink lots of water” while Gamin adds that he keeps a rather “optimistic mentality” and Brugger likes to eat a good breakfast. Player Scott Wieand #33 agrees but states he, “drinks lots of Pedialyte and [goes] to bed at 9pm.’

While the team had its best intentions and were wholeheartedly planning on bringing home their first win of the season, Satellite lost 14-24 against Space Coast High. However, the students didn’t disappoint in showing up in all red to support the team regardless, displaying true school spirit. Senior, Lana Rukab recalled “the stands were packed.”