Sources of Strength

Makenzie Moesly, Staff

Sources of Strength is a program to prevent suicide, bullying, violence, and substance abuse by training peer leaders and trusted adults.  

The strength wheel provides eight different sources you can rely on when times get hard. The wheel contains family support, positive friends, mentors, healthy activities, generosity, spirituality, medical access, and mental health. Each strength means something different to everyone. Sources of Strength believes that we can seek help from friends, family, or others and that when we see others struggling we can help them too.

Peer leaders, teachers, and adults intermixed to learn all about Sources of Strength. During that time we talked about each source, met new people by taking part in activities, and discussed the different signs to look out for when someone is struggling. The meeting was a great way to get to know different people and come together as a whole.

The Sources of Strength message is to involve others and not burden oneself. Break the silence by talking to a teacher, friend, or family member and connect yourself to one of the sources of strengths.

“Our mission is to spread Hope, Help, and Strength into every corner of our community.” For more information visit https://sourcesofstrength.org/.

About the Writer
Makenzie Moesly, Staff

Hi I’m Makenzie, I’m a senior at Satellite High School and this is my third year as a Telstar staff member.  I love iced coffee and dogs. When I’m not hanging out with my best friends, I’m probably playing lacrosse.