Filed under Student Life

Storytime: My Trip to Arizona

Have you ever been to Arizona? If you have, then you have probably visited the Grand Canyon. I have been to Arizona too, but I haven’t seen any historical landmarks, other than the old history filled resort where my mom and I stayed, but that is a story for later. When our plane landed, the first thing that we did was find the car that mom rented online. Next, we drove to Walgreens, where I got a toxic, bad smelling stress ball that was in the shape a giant cupcake. Then, we arrived at the historic resort that I was talking about earlier. Since the hotel rooms were outside, they were like tiny little houses in the desert. Last but not least, we settled into our hotel room. After that, we had dinner and got ready to go to bed.

The next morning, we got up, got dressed, had breakfast, and got ready to leave the room to see a doctor named Dr. Nemechek, but, before our appointment, we went around town for a little bit. In town, we went into a little coffee shop where I bought a blueberry scone. After that, we went in to see the doctor and I got to take my scone with me, because I didn’t get to finish it at the coffee shop. During our visit, he told us about a device called the Vagus Nerve Stimulator. The Vagus Nerve Stimulator is a little machine that helps rewire the brain. My mom and I both had a turn trying the little device to see how it works. My mom did it for five minutes, and then I did it for another five minutes.Then, we were about to go get frozen yogurt, but we found out that the frozen yogurt shop was closed at the time. After that, Mom and I drove to back to the hotel to relax and get lunch. When we got to our hotel rooms we relaxed and rented “Show Dogs.” After that, we ordered dinner and had dessert, and then we got ready for bed.

The day after that, we got up and ready to go to a really large zoo, which was a big mistake for the both of us. When we got there, the place was almost empty, except for a few visitors, including a group of elementary school students on a field trip. Whenever we visited the animal exhibits, they were either sleeping or in their air conditioned enclosures because of the heat that day. Later, we decided to eat something at the food court; I had some chicken tenders and a chocolate chip cookie. After that, I decided to visit the zoo’s aquarium, where it was a lot cooler. After we looked at all the fish and the sea mammals, we started to make our way to the parking lot to find our car. When we got to the exit, we stopped by the gift shop, and I got a new snow globe to add to my collection. When we got back, I got into my pajamas and rented “Avengers Infinity War.” Then, we had dinner, attempted to do a little bit of shopping, came back, got ready for bed, and went to bed.

The day after that, we got up, got dressed, had breakfast, got ready, got in the car, and drove to the airport to catch a flight home. When we arrived at the airport, we bought a souvenir t-shirt and another snow globe for my collection. Next, we bought something to eat before we arrived at our gate. When it was time to board the flight, we stood in line with everyone else waiting to board. They called our group number, we boarded the plane, and sat in our assigned seats, relaxing the entire time. When we got off the plane, we got our luggage, exited the airport, went to the car, and drove home. And that is the end of my trip to Arizona.

About the Writer
Elena Perez, Staff

I love dogs and cats, and I’ve been in Digital Media for two years!