Photo Credit Taylor Rohleen
Fall Feels: A Playlist
October 25, 2018
The lovers and the dreamers, this is for you.
- “Fall” Ed Sheeran. The ultimate fall anthem.
- “Heartbeats” José González. Float into a blissful state as you listen to González’s enchanting melody.
- “Somewhere Only We Know” Keane. The feelings towards a lover reflect the change of the seasons: It’s getting colder and it’s time to get serious.
- “SLOW DANCING IN THE DARK” Joji. The new kid on the block, Joji spills his soul to the world, all while making you want to slow dance―and in the dark.
- “See You Again” Tyler the Creator. Close your eyes, listen to the music, and bring on the feels.
- “The Louvre” Lorde. “Summer slipped us,” and now we have fall. Lorde recollects on her former lover in this ballad.
- “Lights Down Low” MAX. More slow dancing music. Throw on a pair of pajamas and have a dance party by yourself.
- “Banana Pancakes” Jack Johnson. Because cozying up and making banana pancakes sounds like the ideal fall morning, right?
- “Best Part (feat. H.E.R.)” Daniel Caesar. The perfect balance between a sweet serenade and a chill jam, “Best Part” is the modern-day love ballad. Somehow, Caesar and H.E.R. manage to ask the ultimate question―“If you love me, won’t you say something?”―in the least clingy of manners.
- “Best Friend” Rex Orange County. The perfect serenade for best friends.
- “Get You (feat. Kali Uchis)” Daniel Caesar. On the less platonic side of the spectrum, “Get You” captures the first stages of falling in love.
- “Like Real People Do” Hozier. A hymn to autumnal feels, Hozier captures the soulful season in his verses.
- “Them Changes” Thundercat. The feisty bass and Thundercat’s melodic vocals adds a chill vibe to the playlist.
- Adele’s cover of “Lovesong” by The Cure. A more gentle approach to this popular rock song.
- “Pink + White” Frank Ocean. Frank Ocean’s entire discography has a fall vibe―especially this sweet and genuine love song.
- “Lay it Down” The Rubens. For those who are boo-less during this spooky season, this is the song for you.
- “Tadow” Masego, FKJ. This jazz anthem has a hint of R&B that’s perfect for setting a romantic fall mood.
- “Drowsy” Bane’s World. A very slow, intentionally drawn out song that’s intended to sound as if you were drifting away to sleep. Very calm and fitting for fall.
- “Beacon” Two Door Cinema Club. The break during the chorus mixed with the lead vocals add to the soothing atmosphere.
- “Home” Vacations. “I’m so tired from doing nothing at all.” 2 minutes and 28 seconds of relatable lyrics.
- “Barcelona” George Ezra. The vocals and soft strings in the background will make you actually want to travel to Barcelona this fall.
- “Colour Me In Gold” JP Cooper. Like the golden leaves that shower the ground in the fall, you will feel showered with golden warmth after listening to this.