Founders’ Day Celebration Recap

Satellite's Cheer Team at the Founders' Day Parade.

Photo Credit Shania Campbell

Photo Credit Shania Campbell

Shania Campbell, Staff

Satellite Beach’s annual Founders’ Day took place this past Saturday at the David R. Schechter Community Center.

The parade that everyone anticipates included multiple Satellite High School teams and clubs, including AFJROTC, the Varsity Football Team, the Cheer Team, and the Marching Band. The audience turnout for the parade and event itself was terrific which was expected for such a beloved event.

The parade was led by Satellite’s AFROTC cadets who they shouted cadences (chants) as they marched through the town. They exhibited their unity and strength in numbers to the town of Satellite Beach, just like they do every year, and impressed everyone watching along the road.

In the middle of the parade was the Varsity Football team proudly displaying their Beach Bowl surfboard that was awarded to them again after defeating the Cocoa Beach Minutemen the day before for the sixth year in a row. Cheering in front of Football was Satellite’s Cheer Team. They successfully displayed a feeling of celebration and it was spread through the streets into the audience.

Near the back of the parade was the Satellite High School Marching Band playing their powerful instruments and amazing the crowds. The Scorpionette Team marched within the marching band in their eye-catching Arabian Nights costumes. They succeeded in giving the audience a memorable performance at every event.

After the parade ended, everyone on the streets crowded into the parking lot to get food and look at what the vendors were selling, both outdoors and inside the Recreation Center. Funky music played in the background and made the event a lively experience. Each year, Satellite High School’s clubs and teams do their very best in the annual parade, with the entire town proud to have such an outstanding high school.

About the Contributor
Shania Campbell, Staff

My name is Shania Campbell and I’m in my second year as a Telstar staff member. I’m a very secretive and quiet person with just about everyone, so,...