How to: Move On

Makenzie Moesly, Staff

Moving on from someone can be hard, but it is worth it in the end. When you have truly moved on, you no longer care about what the other person does or say. You don’t feel like checking up on them or looking at their social media to see what they are doing, and you don’t talk about them anymore.

The first step in moving on is coming to the realization that it’s over. Whether it’s a relationship or a friendship, once you’ve done everything you can and it still doesn’t work out, you know it’s over. And then, kill them with kindness. Don’t start talking trash about them or spreading rumours. Bashing someone only makes you look bad, because you once were their friend or significant other. Sometimes, being a good person isn’t enough to resolve the tension between you two. It may just make them more mad, but just continue to be nice.

The next step is to stop checking up on them. Stop stalking their Instagram or Twitter. It is only going to make you feel worse, and you’ll likely end up coming across something you didn’t want to see. Start by removing them from your profile. This may be hard, depending on the situation, but you’ll thank yourself later. Whether it’s Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, or another platform, just remove them so you don’t see their posts and they don’t see yours.

Don’t do anything that’ll get you in trouble. For example, don’t go doing something crazy like egging their house or cheesing their car. It will make you look bad, and it’s honestly embarrassing that you took time out of your day to do something that childish.

Once you have moved on, it doesn’t mean the other person has, so keep in mind other their feelings. Don’t post stuff on social media just to make them mad. It reveals the kind of person you are and signifies that you haven’t actually moved on.

When someone toxic is out of your life, it’s like a breath of fresh air. It can be really hard to cut people out of your life, but it can be one of the smartest things you’ve done. Your life will be much more pleasant once they are removed and you will live a less stressful life.

About the Writer
Makenzie Moesly, Staff

Hi I’m Makenzie, I’m a senior at Satellite High School and this is my third year as a Telstar staff member.  I love iced coffee and dogs. When I’m...