How to: Get in the Holiday Spirit in Brevard

Makenzie Moesly, Staff

Below are a few local holiday events happening during the month of December:

December 1

“The Nutcracker” – The Space Coast Ballet will be performing The Nutcracker from 2pm. to 7pm at the King Center. Tickets start at $25.50 and military, first responders, and children under 12 will receive at 10% discount. Tickets are available at the box or online here.

December 1-2

The Cocoa Village Art Show – From 10am to 5pm, walk around and enjoy the arts and crafts, street entertainment, and food.

Space Coast Lightfest – From 6:30pm to 10pm walk around Wickham Park and look at the Christmas lights and enjoy multiple vendors. Toys for Tots is partnering up with the Space Coast Lightfest this year, anytime you bring an unwrapped toy you will receive a discount at the gate. It is $15 car load.

December 2

Chanukah Snow Festival – At 4:30 at the Avenue Viera, enjoy menorah lighting, snow tubing, and ice slide.

December 8

Cocoa Beach Winterfest– From 2pm to 10pm, come dressed warm and ready to enjoy holiday activities and snow! This years theme, “Snowstorm in Downtown,” will put you right in the holiday spirit.

Melbourne Light Parade– At 6pm, get ready for a street Christmas parade designed to collect food, new toys, and pet food for the less fortunate families. The parade starts at 1300 Airport Blvd. Turns right on Hibiscus Blvd. and head west to Gateway Dr.

December 14-16

Galmont Ballet– Galmont Ballet will be performing the Nutcracker at the Cocoa Village Playhouse.

December 15

Santa Skydivers – Watch professional skydivers dressed as Santa Claus jump out of a WWII ‘Tico Belle” C-47 skytrain at 11am-4pm.

Merritt Island Christmas Boat Parade- At 6pm, celebrate Christmas the Floridian way and watch the holiday-themed boats parade across the water.

Christmas at the Avenues– At 7pm, the Space Coast Symphony Orchestra will be presenting a free concert in front of the AMC theatres. This concert will include music from “Sound of Music,” “Miracle on 34th Street,” “Polar Express,” and more.

December 22

Run Run Santa 1 Mile– Starting at the Calvary Chapel Viera at 7:30am, dress up like Santa Claus and get ready to run the mile. Individual registration is $32, Space Coast Runners’ members is $30, and wearing no Santa suit (if you use the previous year’s one) is $28. Keep in mind that if you do not purchase an official RRS suit you will not be able to race.

A Christmas Carol– See Charles Dickens’s adored story “A Christmas Carol” at 7pm at the King Center. Tickets start at $28.50, with children’s tickets are $21.

December 24

Surfing Santas– Come out and watch the annual Surfing Santas event in Cocoa Beach.

About the Writer
Makenzie Moesly, Staff

Hi I’m Makenzie, I’m a senior at Satellite High School and this is my third year as a Telstar staff member.  I love iced coffee and dogs. When I’m...