What to Do on the Weekend

Makenzie Moesly, Staff

Just because it’s the weekend doesn’t mean that you have to spend a lot of money! You can relax and enjoy your break off from school by doing everyday things. The beach is right down the street, so invite some friends and make it a fun day! Below are a list of things you can do if you get bored during the weekend.

Go to the Springs

• Alexander Springs Recreation Area – The water is at a constant 72 degrees Fahrenheit and very clear. The spring is surrounded by woods that you can camp at. Camping is $21 per campsite. You can also rent canoes and kayaks! The fees depend on how many hours you rent it.
  • Three Sisters Springs – Three Sisters Springs offers trolley tours as well as meeting the manatees. They also have snorkeling, kayaking, and diving. Be sure to visit the link if you are interesting in visiting their springs!
  • Weeki Wachee Springs – Daily admission starts at $13 for adults. Weeki Wachee displays mermaid shows but, unfortunately, they are currently closed until April 19th. They also have wildlife shows and river boat cruises, along with kayak and paddle board rentals. If you are interesting in visiting their crystal-clear waters, be sure to click the link above.

Go the Beach

There are so many local beaches in Satellite Beach and Cocoa Beach to visit on your free time. If you want to take a road trip, travel down to Miami, Key West, Clearwater, or Anna Maria Island and enjoy the beaches and other sites over there.

Go to the Zoo

• Brevard Zoo – Go to the zoo and see some of the wildlife: bobcats, cheetahs, North American river otter, giraffes, southern white rhinoceros, and many more! General admission is $19.95, the train to see animals is $3, kayaking is $9.95, Rhino Encounter is $24.95, and Lemur Rendezvous is $59.95. You can also feed the giraffe’s for $2 per treat and the birds $1 per treat. You can also do Treetop Trek where you zipline through the the trees. Prices vary depending on what level you choose.
  • Central Florida Zoo – This zoo offers a wide variety of animals to visit. General admission is $19.50. The Central Florida Zoo also offers many attractions and chances to feed the animals.

Go to Amusement Parks

• Universal Orlando – Visit Universal Studios, Universal’s Islands of Adventure, and Universal’s Volcano Bay. Each park offers different rides and prices vary. A one day ticket to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure is $169 plus tax. You are able to go back and forth to each park with this ticket. One park, one day tickets are $114, but you can only go to one of the parks without switching between them. Volcano Bay tickets are $70 plus tax.
  • Walt Disney World – Disney offers many theme parks including Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood studios, Animal Kingdom, and more. Prices vary depending on the theme park you choose.
  • Discovery Cove – Discovery Cove offers you a chance to swim with dolphins and sharks. You can also snorkel with the fish and see a coral reef habitat. Prices vary depending on the package you choose.
About the Writer
Makenzie Moesly, Staff

Hi I’m Makenzie, I’m a senior at Satellite High School and this is my third year as a Telstar staff member.  I love iced coffee and dogs. When I’m...